Is there a better way to spend Oktoberfest than eating (and drinking!) all the vegan things? This recipe doesn’t disappoint. Created by Plvnt Foods and featuring Follow Your Heart vegan cheese, there’s something for everyone in this simple and tasty recipe.
- 1 lb pasta (I used cavatappi)
- 3 packages Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar Slices, cubed
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened plant milk
- ½-2 cups vegan beer
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (adjust to your liking)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package vegan bratwurst sausage
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- In a pot, add your cubed cheese, plant milk, beer, mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper & cook over low heat stirring frequently until the cheese is melted. Add less milk/beer at first and add more as needed until you reach a slightly runny but still thick consistency, one that sticks to the back of the spoon.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in your grapeseed oil along with your sliced peppers and onions (seasoned with salt to taste). Cook until soft and browned. About 3-4 minutes before they’re done, push them to one side of the pan and add in your bratwurst. Cook to package instructions, then remove from the pan and slice your sausages.
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to package instructions, then drain.
- Mix your pasta with your cheese sauce (to the amount desired) and ¾ of your pepper and onion mixture.
- Place the mac and cheese in serving bowl and top with remaining peppers and onions, and your sliced bratwurst sausage. Serve & Enjoy!